1. Ask friends and family for referrals.
2. Find out what type of therapy is right for you (unconscious motivation, cognitive therapist, family-oriented systems, etc.)
3. Shop online or call a practice to see what their counseling philosophies are all about.
4. Pick a therapist based on the quality of the therapeutic relationship and then create a regular relationship that is convenient to you, not the other way around.
5. Notice how you feel while talking to them, but understand that it is normal to feel nervous and awkward the first time when speaking with a licensed counselor. Remember, everything is confidential by law!
At The Healing House, we like coupling our counseling care with Biosound Therapy to reinforce breathwork with biofeedback and to visualize mindfulness with fun games or brain wave imaging.
The first session is always at a discounted rate so that a proper therapeutic relationship can be established :)
Call 407-701-4500 for more!
Cleantis, T. (2011, February 16). How to Find the Best Therapist for You. Retrieved August 21, 2017, from https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/freudian-sip/201102/how-find-the-best-therapist-you