How To... (p.s. It's Easy and Quick!)
- Slice the sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Toast in a toaster on high for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sweet potato toast slices can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week!
- Contains beta-carotene that is converted into vitamin A in our body. Vitamin A is vital for hair, skin, vision, and immune function!
- Sweet potatoes are a great substitute for bread as they are gluten free and full of fiber (LDN, 2017).
- High in Vitamin C which aids in our body's ability to fight colds, build strong bones, accelerates wound healing, produces collagen, and more (9 Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes)!
Healthy alternative to starchy carbs when snacking. Sweet potatoes are good carbs and are just as tasty. 😋
LDN, M. H. (2017, January 20). How to Make Sweet Potato Toast 5 Ways. Retrieved February 22, 2017, from http://nutritionstripped.com/sweet-potato-toast-5-ways/
[The Happy Pear]. (2016, November 11). Retrieved February 22, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUMuTQTkDpM
9 Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes. (n.d.). Retrieved February 22, 2017, from http://www.care2.com/greenliving/9-reasons-to-love-sweet-potatoes.html